The Pens did try to save face, and many of the players jumped in and started fighting. They had willing combatants in the usually hapless Blue Jackets, so during the third period, a hockey game occaisionally showed up during the bar room brawl.
This can only be good for the Pens to show a little bit of heart, but it is two games too late. The game to do this was against Atlanta with the Kovalchuk pointing incident. Yes, I know they were trying to win the game, but team unity and chemistry is probably more important right now.
Anyway, let's have some fun with the numbers tonight.
- The Pens had six different fighting penalties in the game, with three players receiving game misconducts (Leclair, Odelein and Roy).
- The Pens logged 35 minutes of penalty minutes in the second period.
- They weren't satisfied with that, so they followed it up with 38 minutes in the third.
- Crosby continues to impress me. He continually tried to get into it with the Blue Jackets, and was still yapping away from in the penalty box.
- And my favorite part of the night? Palffy and Surovy tried to kill people in the third.