Rangers (0-0-0, 0 pts) at Penguins (0-0-0, 0 pts)
Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh
Why does it matter?
First game of the season - need I say more? The title defense begins here (as does the bulls eye on their backs)
Questions to be answered
- How will the changes made by the Penguins affect their defense? How much will they miss Scuderi and Gill?
- Can Marian Gaborik provide some offense?
- Is Sid healthy enough?
- How will the second like produce after losing Sykora?
Keys to the game
- No soft goals allowed by Fleury - make the routine saves.
- Take advantage of chances against Lundqvist and the Rangers defense.
- Stay consistent - the Rangers don't have much firepower - don't allow them to score because of mental lapses.