Penguins (5-1-0, 10 pts) at Hurricanes (2-3-0, 4 pts)
Some goober forgot to scan the cards prior to traveling this week. Images will return for the Saturday game against Tampa Bay.
Why does it matter?
The Canes will be out to serve notice that their sweep at the hands of the Pens last year was a fluke. The Pens are riding high right now.
Questions to be answered
- The Canes started off horrid on the penalty kill, but have improved in the last three games (winning two of them). Can the Pens score on the power play?
- The Canes have allowed just 5 goals in three games at home (and less then 30 shots in all three games). Can the Pens generate consistent offense?
- Can the Pens contain Eric Staal?
- Solid, consistent play from Fleury will be key. In other words, he should do exactly what he's been doing all season so far.
- Stay out of the box!
- The Canes have been dressing 7 defensemen. The Pens should dress Chris Borque and roll four lines consistently. The Canes will be worn down and won't be able to match up.