Blues (3-2-1, 7 pts) at Penguins (7-1-0, 14 pts)
Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh
Two solid NHL wingers that came into the league in 03-04.
Why does it matter?
The Blues are a solid team with veteran leadership and good young talent. It's a good test for the Penguins.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - Yeah, still rolling. No chinks in the armor other than the lack of scoring on the power play.
- Blues - Two wins against Detroit to start the season (overseas) and then three straight losses before a nice road shutout against Anaheim... these guys are inconsistent so far.
- The special teams will be key tonight, especially the Pens PK vs the Blues PP. So far this season, if the Blues score on the power play, they win. If they don't, they lose.
- Can the Pens exploit some of the younger Blues at even strength? Berglund and Perron have struggled early.
- Can the Pens continue to get the balanced scoring that is winning them so many games? This really is the key to a successful season, I think.
- Keep the Blues off of the power play, and kill the chances they get.
- Roll four lines and exploit the Blues lack of depth on the third and fourth line.
- Keep Fleury in net - he's in the zone right now.