Friday, October 09, 2009

Penguins 5, Flyers 4

I'm going to ignore the stupid stuff that happened at the end for a second. For me, the important thing is that the Pens went into a hostile environment, were out shot 34-25, gave up two goals on the penalty kill and still found a way to win the game.

They looked MUCH better than they did just one night prior against the Coyotes. I think that's due to the opponent.

Both Godard and Cote dressed, but they mostly threw each other nasty looks from the bench, because each played about two minutes.

Jeff Carter had a huge game for Philadelphia, with four points and seven shots. He always seems to stay out of the nonsense that some of the other goons instigate.

Sid had what had to be the most amazing night of faceoffs in his life, going 21-3 according to the box score.

To me, the cheapest thing that happened at the end was Richards plowing full speed into Fleury. You expect dumb stuff from a guy that can't control himself like Hartnell. I had some respect for Richards before the game. I have a bit less afterwards. I can't imagine Sid or Geno going full speed into the goalie intentionally. Very cheap.

No comments: