Devils (5-3-0, 10 pts) at Penguins (9-1-0, 18 pts)
Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh
Two pretty good players that entered the league in the same year - 05-06.
Why does it matter?
It's an early divisional game against the Devils. Isn't it always gratifying to get a lead and make the Devils come out of that miserable trap?
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - The Pens gutted out a tough win last night over the Panthers.
- Devils - The Devils started slowly but have won 5 of their past 6 games and are 4-0 on the road. Zach Parise is hot right now, with 6 points in the last three games (4 + 2).
- Can the Pens force the Devils out of the trap?
- Does the team need Godard tonight? I'm going with no, considering Mike Rupp will probably be fired up to play his former team.
- Can the Pens take advantage of their chances on the power play and get in Marty's head?
- Jersey has almost no scoring from the blue line (no goals by a defenseman yet this year).
- Contain the Devils at even-strength.
- Keep going after Brodeur.