Penguins (1-0-0, 2 pts) at Islanders (0-0-0, 0 pts)
Two solid NHL defensemen. Did you know Streit was somehow a +6 last year and scored 16 goals?
Why does it matter?
The Pens need to keep the momentum going after their good effort last night. There's also the small matter of the NHL debut of John Tavares.
Questions to be answered
- Can the Pens use their speed to draw more penalties? They only drew two against the Rangers.
- How much pressure will Tavares feel to score?
- Is Sid healthy enough?
- Can the Pens win a game they're supposed to win?
- Don't let the kids from Long Island get any confidence. They're young and talented - keep them bottled up and playing D.
- No soft goals allowed by Fleury - make the routine saves.
- Get on the power play and let the machine go to work.
- Keep rolling four lines, especially on the back end of a back-to-back when the legs might be a little more fatigued.