Lightning (2-2-2, 6 pts) at Penguins (6-1-0, 12 pts)
Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh
Two players that are both a minus for the season - pretty surprising, no?
Why does it matter?
It's a Saturday night game at the start of a nice home stand. The Pens need to get off to a good start and beat a team they should beat.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - This team has been rolling, though they usually find a way to make the games exciting. The four game road trip was a huge success, as 4-0 on the road is great no matter how to look at it.
- Lightning - They had their first two wins of the season prior to going into Ottawa and getting smoked, 7-1. Nittymaki has both wins, while Mike Smith has all four losses.
- The power play, except for one game in Toronto, has been absent. The Lightning have been bad on the PK, allowing at least one goal in every game. Can the Pens get the PP on track against a bad Lightning PK?
- Will the Lightning switch to Nittymaki? Smith sure seems to be struggling right now.
- Can the Pens stop Ryan Malone? He has 6 goals already this year, including a hat trick against Carolina.
- No mental letdowns - the Coyotes took advantage of a team not ready to play prior to the road trip.
- Get the power play rolling.
- Keep Fleury in net - he's in the zone right now.