Canadiens (6-5-0, 10 pts) at Penguins (9-2-0, 18 pts)
Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh
Something a bit different for the card image today...
Why does it matter?
Montreal historically has played an up-tempo game with lots of skating, which makes for a more entertaining brand of hockey. A victory means extra tax dollars spent in Montreal to patrol the bridges...
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - The Pens are struggling through their first semi-tough stretch of the season. They lost on Saturday and have put themselves in a hole in two straight.
- Canadiens - The Habs are hot, winners of four straight at home. It's not as good as it seems, though, because three of the four wins were against the Isles and Thrashers.
- Can the Habs win against a good team? Aside from their OT wins over Buffalo and the Rangers, their other victories aren't exactly a Murderer's Row.
- Can the Pens get off to a good start in a game after struggling to do that for the last two?
- The power play without Gonchar? It's 1-10. Can it get better? When you watch Letang and Goligoski, you'd think it has to - those guys are good.
- Can the Pens solve Jaroslav Halak?
- Both teams have been stingy in allowing shots lately. Whoever can dictate their style will have a big advantage.
- Make the Habs earn it.
- Halak hasn't faced an offense like this one yet.