Panthers (2-5-0, 4 pts) at Penguins (8-1-0, 16 pts)
Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh
You'd think I'd check the schedule ahead of time to scan images. You'd be wrong.
Why does it matter?
The Pens only loss of the season was in the front end of a back-to-back. Time to learn from that mistake.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - Still winning, but now without Sarge.
- Panthers - Florida has been really inconsistent this year so far. They have nice wins over Philly and Chicago, but have looked pretty bad the rest of the time.
- Which Florida team will show up?
- Can Brent Johnson get some support this time?
- What will happen to the power play without Sarge and how good is Skoula?
- Florida's special teams have been bad. The only saving grace is that they don't take too many penalties. The Pens need to exploit this.
- Get Skoula up to speed. He'll be an important part of the defense now. He didn't just play tons of games the last few years - he played about 20 minutes per night.
- Don't look ahead to Jersey.