Penguins (10-2-0, 20 pts) at Blue Jackets (6-5-0, 12 pts)
Nash is really good, but not as good as the two on the other card...
Why does it matter?
This game would have been more interesting two weeks ago when Columbus was 5-1. Now they're 6-5 and playing really poorly. This game is interesting if only to see how much the Hockey Gods can heap on the Pens before they crack.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - After blowing out Montreal on Wednesday to finish out their home stand, the Pens will face an additional test as Geno will miss 2-3 weeks. Good thing Sid is playing well.
- Blue Jackets - As noted, the Jackets have gone into the crapper and have allowed 26 goals in the last 5 games.
- Can the Jackets rebound? They had a miserable road trip and lost the dreaded "first game back" on Wednesday. No more excuses now.
- What will happen, especially to the power play, with no Gonchar and no Malkin?
- Speaking of the power play, the Jackets have been terrible on the PK lately. The Pens seemed to get things going against Montreal on the PP. Will it continue?
- Can Sid carry the load, and who will center the second line?
- Take the Jackets out of the game early. They're used to giving up a ton of scoring, so get them early and often
- Stop Rick Nash.
- Get some offense for Brent Johnson.