Sunday, December 02, 2007

Game #25 - vs Phoenix Coyotes

Phoenix Coyotes (11-13-0, 22 pts) at Pittsburgh Penguins (11-12-2, 24 pts)

Last year, the Pens (11-10-4) played the Coyotes in game #25, in Phoenix, crushing them 7-2. This year, under similar circumstances, the Pens hope to replicate the results.

The Coyotes got a nice bump from picking up Bryzgalov off of waivers, winning four games in a row. That surge appears to be over, as they've lost three in a row since then. They have been a decent road team so far this year, but all three of the recent losses were on the road.

The Pens will try to get back on track after a poor effort in Toronto on Saturday. I'd expect to see Fleury back in net for the Flightless Birds. He's been solid lately.

I'm wondering when we'll see a resolution to the Mark Recchi situation. You can't imagine they'll keep scratching the guy. Shero seems to have more respect for his players than that. Just look at the way he handled the John Leclair situation last year. Something will happen soon, I think.

I'm also wondering when we'll see Sergei Gonchar back in the lineup. I'm thinking that with all of these games packed in tight, they'll take their time with him. You don't want him to be hurt worse than he is now, and 4 games in 6 nights doesn't lend itself to a good groin recovery (not that I'm an expert on groins or anything...).

Coyote blog - One Fan's Perspective
Check out their preview of tonight's game. PB says tonight is a must-win for the Coyotes to have a nice finish to their poor road trip.

Let's Go Pens!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really hope Fleury is back in net. To be honest, I can't figure out why he did not start on Sat. I know there's a lot of games this week, but he's been rested enough this season. But then again, what do I know :) Seems like Recchi's about done. I think he's still a good player but for whatever reason was not clicking on any line with the Pens. Seemed to always be zigging instead of zagging... or something like that.