New Jersey - 16-16-5 - 37 pts - Third in Atlantic
Pittsburgh - 8-19-8 - 24 pts - Last in Atlantic
Let's call this post "Back to Reality". The Pens face the Devils tonight at the arena. The Pens absolutely must win tonight and Saturday to get themselves rolling in the right direction. Getting one point and a moral victory is no longer acceptable. Here are a few fun facts about the team so far:
- The Pens have the fewest wins in the NHL. They are also at risk of being the last team to reach double-digits in wins.
- The Pens have allowed the most goals in the league (141 in 35 games).
- The Pens have scored the third fewest goals in the NHL, and the fewest in the Eastern Conference.
- The Pens have the worst penalty killing percentage in the league.
- The Pens have lost a staggering eleven of their last twelve games (two in OT).
I'm not even going to say anything about the Devils, because it doesn't really matter. The Pens need to get a win no matter who they're playing, and they need one now.
Okay, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the key to the game tonight for the Pens - stop Mighty Mouse!! If you don't remember who that is, I'm referring to the Devils rookie Brian Gionta, who has rung up five goals and seven points in three games against the Pens. He must be stopped! Don't allow him to save the day for the Devils!