Penguins (12-3-0, 24 pts) at Kings (9-4-2, 20 pts)
Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
Two great young defensemen.
Why does it matter?
It's not quite the Clash of the Titans, but these are two of the top teams so far this season.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - The Pens won a thriller over the Ducks on Tuesday. Their power play continues to struggle, while the role players have stepped way up.
- Kings - The Kings are coming off of a nice road win at Phoenix and have points in 7 straight games.
- LA limits the shots against them - they've allowed 31 in the last two game combined (that's really low). Can the Pens generate consistent offense?
- What is up with the power play? I know they're short-handed right now, but they still have some good talent out there.
- Neither team has taken many penalties of late. Who will win the battle at even-strength?
- Despite the low shot totals, the Kings allow their share of goals. Jonathan Quick has average numbers.
- Keep Kopitar in check - he's the leading scorer in the NHL so far this year.
- Make it a team effort again.