Penguins (11-3-0, 22 pts) at Ducks (4-6-2, 10 pts)
Honda Center, Anaheim, California
The leading goal scorer on each team.
Why does it matter?
The Pens are coming off of their third loss of the season. They are starting a West Coast swing, something that plagued several recent opponents like Columbus and Minnesota.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - The Pens look to avoid being snake bit by another hot goalie, which is what happened on Saturday against the Wild.
- Ducks - The Ducks have been struggling mightily (ha!) and are just 2-5 at home on the young season. They have too much tale
- Can the Ducks limit the chances against them? Hiller has a good save percentage and a bad GAA - that usually means tons of shots. Indeed, the Ducks have allowed at least 32 shots in every game this season.
- Will the return of Tyler Kennedy mean the third line will be reunited? If so, who will center the second line?
- Can the Pens win the special teams battle? The Ducks are hot on the power play, though they will take penalties (11 PP chances given to Toronto a few games back)
- Keep the established formula going - throw tons of shots at the Ducks - they're used to allowing them.
- Stay out of the box.
- Contain Perry.