Monday, October 08, 2007

NHL Picks - 10-8-07

Record this month: 4-3
Record this season: 4-3

Only three games on the slate today, but two of them are early afternoon games. This happens on Columbus day here in the US. It also happens on President's day (remember the Pens and Isles on President's day last year).

I like Ottawa to beat Jersey, but I'm not willing to pick that one, mainly because I really don't like the Senators very much.

The Isles hosting the Caps is also an interesting match up, but I don't think it's a good one to pick. I don't think either team is very good over the long haul - both will struggle to make the playoffs.

Here's the game I AM willing to pick:

Edmonton at Detroit - The Oilers have won their first two games, both at home. The Red Wings have played in two straight shoot outs. I'm going with Detroit here, mainly because I think they'll shut down the Oilers offensively.

No comments: