Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The fix is still in?

Remember from one of my previous posts that the Chevrolet Amphitheatre hadn't posted any information about summer concerts? In 2005, they had an entire list of possible concerts on their website (see the link in my older article) by the end of January. Well, it's now getting towards the end of February, and what plans have been rolled out? Well, check out the main site for the Chevrolet Amphitheatre. Looks like they're not doing much.

With Governor Rendell telling anyone who will listen that the Penguins need a Plan B (and O'Connor and Onorato following suit), coupled with some circumstantial evidence surrounding this, it really is starting to look like it's predetermined who will get the slots license, and it isn't the Isle of Capri.

I hope I'm wrong...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just don't see how they can turn the Pittsburgh First campaign down??? How can they slam the door shut on all of Western PA? But anyway, I in the progress of writing a letter to send to my local officials. I suggest every one write one too!
I heard there was some kinda county or city coucil meeting yesterday about the arena & the slots license. Does anybody know any thing about this?