Sunday, April 06, 2008

Game #82 - at Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins (47-26-8, 102 pts) at Philadelphia Flyers (41-29-11, 93 pts)


Exclusive photo of the Flyers practice!


Today is the end of the regular season. It's an exciting day, because the Pens have a chance at the top seed. It's also exciting anytime they play the Flyers.

If the Pens win the game today, they'll face the Flyers in the first round. If they lose, they'll face the Senators in the first round. Doesn't get any more simple than that.

For the Flyers part, they have to be hoping they can get a win today. If they win, they get to face the Caps, instead of the Pens. If I'm a Flyer, I'd much rather take on the Caps.

Any way you look at it, today's game is big. Everyone is ready to play, including Gary Roberts. It's a warmup for the playoffs. Here's the song (and get used to it if the Pens win today):



Let's Go Pens!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I could ever get sick of that video. I wish Egar still played for the Cryers so we could watch Gary embarrass him again. Really looking forward to watching this game. I actually think it may be relatively calm... that is until someone on either side pulls something cheap.

Pat said...

@will - I think it'll be calm until it looks as though the Flyers are going to lose, and then they'll try to "set the tone" for the playoff series (ie, clobber whoever they can get their hands on)

The Big K said...

I swear if somebody takes a run at Sid or Geno, GR or BGL, or Ruutu will gut them like a dead fish.

The Big K said...

Now.... BRING IT SENS.