Thursday, March 16, 2006

Game #66 - at Devils

I haven't been doing previews as much lately, mainly due to time constraints. However, when I noticed that this was game #66, how could I pass it up?

Tonight, the Penguins go for three in a row. They couldn't have picked a worse goalie to go against. Brodeur has been chased from two straight games, by the Pens and Islanders. He's going to be ticked. He's the best goalie in the world. I'd love to see the Pens beat him tonight, but I'm thinking it's more likely we'll see the Brodeur we saw in the first game of the season. To get some past him, the Pens will have to do it the ugly way - get lots of shots with traffic and put in some cheap rebounds.

The Devils as a team are slumping a bit right now. They've lost three of four games against non-playoff teams. They're not going to be much fun to play tonight. Of course, the key is always to stop Mighty Mouse!!

For the Pens, Colby Armstrong will try to continue his point streak. It's currently at 8 games (5 goals, 7 assists). Leclair and Malone will try to get back on the board after having their point streaks stopped in the win over the Flyers.

The Pens haven't won three in a row all year. They're picking a good time to play better - not only are they building momentum for next season, but they're also not really gaining ground on the Caps or the Blues for the fewest points in the league - both teams have earned some points recently, with the Blues going 6-1-3 in their past 10 games. Best of both worlds if you ask me (though nobody did...)

Let's Go Pens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know how Superman cant live when exposed to Kryptonite... well I figure we need to find which thing has the same effect on mighty mouse. (Even though I was rooting for him during the olympics... I know I suck!)

Who know's what it could be... maybe Fried Chicken... or Garlic Cheese Fries... It has to be something.

Anyway, with the beating N.J. has taken the past few games I could see this one turning nasty if the Pens get ahead,and that's a big if.