Friday, October 14, 2005

Game Night - Game #5

Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelpha Flyers

Pittsburgh - 0-1-3 - 3 pts - 4th place in the Atlantic Division
Philadelphia - 1-2 - 2 pts - last palce in the Atlantic Division

The Pens go to Philly tonight. Boy, along with the Rangers, there was no team I loved to hate more than the Flyers. Their aggresive fore-checking, their Legion of Doom line, Ron Hextall... there were lots of things not to like. Now, in the new NHL, I'm not as familiar with them. However, I'm sure the hate will still flow like a river :)

The Flyers are led by Forsberg, who is maybe the highest profile player not named Lemieux or Crosby. He's highly talented and somewhat injury-prone. Their goaltending has been subpar this season (I know since Robert Esche is on my fantasy hockey team), but I'm not sure if it's because Esche has sucked or the defense hasn't been good.

The Pens will try to finally get a win. I'm pretty optimistic still - they got to OT in three of their first four games. That means they were one shot away from winning all of those. I know that's a simplistic way to put things, but say they were 1-1-2 or 2-1-1 - we'd be thinking about the season so far in different terms.

Still hoping for win #1...

No comments: