A few quick notes about the data:
- I wrote the software that accumulated the data, so it's possible that there are mistakes.
- It's based off of public box scores on big sports sites.
- There were four game where I was unable to locate the three stars of the game. Other than that, I have them all.
|N. Backstrom (Wild)||9|
Here are the players who have been Second Star 9 or more times in 2008-09
Here are the players who have been First Star 10 or more times in 2008-09
|N. Backstrom (Wild)||10|
A few points:
- Kind of interesting on the number of goalies, and the complete lack of defensemen, especially for First Star. Not too surprising when you think about it.
- What was surprising was that Dwayne Roloson was the First Star 13 times last year. This is a guy that only won 28 games with just one shutout all year. Maybe they were all at home. That's something we'll look at later in the series - whether or not there's a home bias.