Saturday, August 08, 2009

New Posts Coming! Fun with numbers!

We're starting to get to the end of the off-season, but we still have a ways to go. Not much going on in the hockey world, so I thought we could have some fun with numbers.

Starting Monday there will be a series of posts about the statistics from last season. Last time I did this, a few years ago, I focused on the refs. I might get to them again, but this time I'm starting with the three stars system.

I'm curious about a few things:
  1. Who was named the #1, #2 and #3 star most often?
  2. What if we used the star system as the basis for awarding the MVP?
  3. Is there a hometown bias? Is it worse in some arenas than others?
I know the star system is fairly meaningless, but it should still be fun!

Part 1 will be up on Monday.

No comments: