The Pens played a mostly boring game against the Devils, who were content to play (and lose) a neutral zone trap game.
The Pens took advantage of their chances, with Kunitz scoring off of the rush and Sid scoring on a rebound when they generated some good pressure in the offensive zone. They managed some good offense on the power play, but were unable to score.
The team defense was great, with Flower in place to make the saves when he needed to.
How long can they keep things going?
Kunitz (8), Crosby (24)
- Hedberg was very good, especially in the first period when the Pens threw 16 shots at him.
- Sid's amazing reception of the pass with his back skate entering the Devil's zone to set up Kunitz's goal to tie the game at 1-1. He now has a 16 game scoring streak.
- The PK came up with some big kills in the third period.
- Craig Adams never quits. He made all the little plays tonight at several key times.
- The PK has allowed a goal in three straight games now.
- The power play was unable to score in 6 chances tonight. The generated good pressure, but Hedberg had just enough rebound control to keep the puck out.
- The hit by Rolston on Paul Martin was ugly and reckless. I know it wasn't intentional, but you can't cross-check a guy in the back when he's just five feet from the boards.
- Bill Guerin is going to Hawaii!!
What's their record now? Any important move in the standings?
The Pens are now 19-8-2. With the Caps third period collapse tonight against the Leafs, the Pens are in the #1 spot in the NHL, with a one point lead over the Caps.
The Leafs visit Consol on Wednesday night.