Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Game #38 - vs Carolina Hurricanes

Carolina Hurricanes (21-16-4, 46 pts) at Pittsburgh Penguins (16-15-6 38 pts)

The Pens finally got the big win they needed against Toronto last week. Now they try to make it two in a row at home against the Canes. I like their chances. Here's why:

The Hurricanes aren't as good on the road as they are at home. They're 10-10-3 away from their friendly confines. To add to that, the Canes are just 11-13-4 when playing outside of their division. To me, this makes tonight a very winnable game for the Pens, even though they always seem to struggle against the Canes.

Cam Ward continues to be a completely mediocre Stanley Cup winner. His save percentage is worse than Fleury - the only reason his GAA is better is that the Canes don't allow as many shots as the Penguins.

Hurricanes blog - check out Stormbringer's Blog, mostly because he has a recent post about the Nintendo Wii, which I recently obtained. It's awesome :)

Tonight, I'm looking for some scoring on the power play and for Errey and Steigy to talk about how impressive the Canes are on face offs (over and over).

Let's Go Pens!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured it was only a matter of time before the Steigy/Errey beefs would pile up... and btw, who has ever stickhandled in a phonebooth?

*sigh...* as for national broadcasts, I really miss Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

Pat said...

Don't get me wrong - I like Errey and Steigy (though I still prefer Lagne) - they just have some... er... quirks that are kind of funny.

Stormbringer said...

Thanks for discovering and posting about my blog! :) But...I'm a "she", not a "he". ;)

Anyways, keep up the good work with your blog. AND, glad you like the Wii...to say it's awesome is putting it mildly. :D