Wednesday, January 24, 2007

All Star Game - Tonight

Watch Sid in the game tonight on Versus.

He was great last night with three goals in four chances on the shootout, giving the East the victory in the skills competition. Most important out of that is his new found success on the shootout!

The Young Stars game... not so much excitement. Lots of guys skating about 1/2 to 3/4 speed with no real desire. You don't have to hit or check, but you can at least use the breathtaking speed that is a huge part of the new NHL.

Let's hope tonight is a better example of the offensive side of the game.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Until I watched the VS. telecast for the young stars game I never realized how much the NHL really hurt themselves by not signing their TV contract with ESPN. Watching the skills comp. was just painful. The on-ice interview guy was a putz. Most of the time the camera was not even on the action. I know ESPN was not offering the best deal but not getting on a network that everyone who has cable gets was a huge mistake. Hopefully the VS. contract will be up soon and they can resign with ESPN. BRING BACK NHL TONIGHT!

Anonymous said...

I miss the NHL on ESPN so much... I went as far as downloading the old theme music for it, which would ALWAYS get me pumped up every time I heard it before a game, especially in the playoffs (I still love hearing it!)

Pat said...

I'm with you guys - I'd love to see the game back on ESPN. Versus just doesn't have the exposure nationally. Taking a short term financial hit would be worth it for the long term gain from increased recognition.

Pat said...

oh, and i don't know about you guys, but did the rail cam look like a player sliding across the ice to you? every time I saw the cam moving, i thought someone had blown a tire...

Unknown said...

LOL - I thought the same thing once about that rail cam. I did see one really good shot from it of Ovechkin flying down the side once though, it was kind of cool.

faux rumors said...

1) We want there fighting as part of the skills copetition. Who wouldn't tune in to see Larouque fight Brashear? ; )

Anonymous said...

MY THOUGHT EXACTLY on the Rail Cam, it fooled me a few times, and being on my recliner about eight feet away from my small TV didn't help matters.