Monday, November 20, 2006

Penguins 5, Flyers 3

Tonight's game was the prototype for how the Penguins should play. The offensive guys displayed some great skills. The goalie was solid. The role players did their job in terrific fashion, especially in the third period.

I'm not sure who the three stars are for tonight, but I'm nominating the role players. Specifically, I'm putting up Talbot, Thorburn, Ruutu and especially Petrovicky. When I looked and saw that Petro only played a little over 8 minutes, I was shocked. You really noticed when he was on the ice - he made his presence felt. Let's go back to the quote he provided before the season started, because I think it was exemplified by his play tonight:
"They want to make a new statement and bring young blood into the team and organization - to spark it up," he said. "I want us to be tough to play against - teams coming in have us on their minds a little bit. They won't be happy to play against us because we will be tough to play against and make them pay the price for the length of the hockey game."
I couldn't have said it better myself, Ronald. Here's hoping he can keep it going - the Pens will be better for it.

Sidney Crosby has some mystery injury and didn't play in the third period, though the Pens had a three goal lead that was never really threatened, so they may have just rested him. He had gone to the locker room, come back out and played on the power play, and then gone right back to the locker room. There has been no news yet as to what happened to him.

It goes without saying that the best thing about tonight is that the Pens are now 4-0 against the Flyers.

UPDATE - The Wife has informed me that they really should have Sidney Crosby wear a shirt when they interview him about his injury. I'm going to have to get revenge by watching the episode of Lost with Evangeline Lilly crawling in and out of her cage. Oh, and Sidney's injury is a groin issue. He'll see how it's feeling over the next few days.

Next up: vs Boston on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm... Evangeline Lilly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPk4-etc0c