A nice rebound win after the poor showing in New Jersey. The Pens scored the first goal. Once that happened, it dictated the pace of the game. They were able to build a 3-0 lead, which they held until late in the third period. It looked like there may be another late-game collapse, but the Pens were able to hold the fort this time (another encouraging sign).
Jeffrey (2), Letestu (10), Dupuis (10)
- The Canes are now 8-2 against Pittsburgh when Eric Staal scores a goal.
- Really nice to see Jeffrey and Letestu both score - they are two guys the Pens were hoping would step up.
- Nice shorty by Pascal Dupuis.
- Another good night of work for the PK.
- Cam Ward. That shorty by Dupuis was the game winning goal. You think he might like that one back?
- How about "almost ugly"? If they Pens had allowed the Canes to complete the comeback, this would have been the ugliest moment of the year.
- I was surprised the Canes didn't roll their lines earlier in the game. They finished with two forwards playing about five minutes and two more playing about 10.
What's their record now? Any important move in the standings?
The Pens are now 30-15-4. They are the second NHL team with 30 wins and are three points behind the Flyers for the lead in the Atlantic.
Islanders. Tuesday. In Pittsburgh.