2011-12 Game 60
New York Rangers (38-14-5, 81 points) at Pittsburgh Penguins (33-21-5, 71 points)
|Richards has four points in three games against the Pens this year.|
The Rangers are the top team in the East. This is an important divisional game for the Pens. They need to win more games in the Atlantic since 10 of their final 23 games are within the division. This game is a good place to start.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - Another split weekend, with a great Saturday followed by a nasty Sunday hangover.
- Rangers - Just rolling along with nine wins in their past 12 games.
- Can the Pens get back to their game? The shot totals from the last three games (26,30,26) aren't looking good. They need zone time to generate offense (and shots).
- Will Geno get things going again? In his last three games, he has two points (both assists) and is a -3.
- How will Martin and Letang respond from their -4 performance on Sunday? I think Letang will be flying.
- Score three or more. The Rangers have not won a game this year when their opponent scores 4, and their record when allowing three is also poor.
- Stay focused. The Rangers don't score a ton of goals, and they count on converting on chances when they get them. The forwards need to be especially aware in the defensive zone to help out.
- Initiate, don't retaliate. Take it to them and be physical from the drop of the puck.