2011-12 Game 52
Pittsburgh Penguins (29-18-4, 62 points) at Boston Bruins (32-15-2, 66 points)
|Anybody want a peanut?|
The Bruins are good... really good. They haven't lost two in a row since early December. They're the #1 team in goals scored per game and the #4 team in goals allowed per game. Their special teams are both in the top ten as well. This will be a tough challenge.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - The winning streak is over following a shutout loss to the Leafs.
- Bruins - Their coach says they're going through the motions right now. They've traded wins and losses over the past 10 games.
- After a game where there weren't that many good offensive chances, how will the Pens respond against the Bruins?
- Can the Pens break the Bruins pattern of trading wins and losses? They're "due" for a win.
- Can the Pens get to the power play? They earned just three trips in two games against the Leafs.
- Get traffic in front of the goalie. Both netminders for the Bruins have been excellent on the season. They need traffic in front.
- Buckle up. The Bruins bring a nasty brand of physical hockey. The Pens can play that way, but they need to be smart about it.
- Initiate, don't retaliate. The zebras always catch the second guy. Taking dumb penalties against the Bruins can be death.