2011-12 Game 41
Ottawa Senators (22-15-6, 50 points) at Pittsburgh Penguins (21-15-4, 46 points)
|I like the off-ice photos, but can we at least make sure the puck inscription is legible please, Panini? Maybe it's just the scan of the card, but I can't tell what that says.|
It's the end of the first half of the season for the Pens, and most folks would probably say it has been a disappointment. The Pens need to get a win, especially since they're about to go back out on the road for four of the next five.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - Just plain lack of results. Someone needs to step up and carry this team.
- Senators - They're 8-1-2 since December 14th, a run they kicked off with a win over the Pens in Ottawa.
- Will home ice continue to play a big role in the series this season? Each team has won once at home, scoring six goals in the victory.
- How many guys can go on the injured list, and can the Pens dress enough players if Adams and Asham don't play? They're already missing Staal and Neal.
- Who will carry this team? Geno? Flower? The team defense?
- Power play. The Sens are leaky on the PK. Get to the man advantage and then unload.
- Get to their game. The Sens will allow shots and play an up and down style. This should play well into the Pens' hands as long as they stay disciplined.
- Shut down Spezza. He torched them last game.