2011-12 Game 73
Nashville Predators (42-23-8, 92 points) at Pittsburgh Penguins (45-21-6, 96 points)
|Will Radulov propel the Preds deep into the playoffs?|
The Pens didn't waste much time getting things turned around again in destroying the Jets on Tuesday. Now they face a much stronger opponent who are getting back a potential game-changer in Alexander Radulov from the KHL.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - Going back to the middle of February, 13 games, 25 points earned. It doesn't get much better than that.
- Predators - Three losses in their past four, including a bad home loss to the lowly Oilers on Tuesday.
How much impact will Radulov have? He will play tonight, for sure, probably with Hornqvist and Legwand. That makes a pretty tough top line.
- Can the Pens stay out of the box? The Preds power play is deadly (#1 in the NHL), and the PK for the Pens is suddenly leaky over the last two games.
- Will Sid ever score a goal? I'm joking, of course, but it would be nice to see him rip one past Rinne on the rush tonight, wouldn't it?
- Play even-strength. The Preds haven't been involved in too many special teams situations lately, but then they get a power play chance, they're very good. Don't give them extra chances.
- Match up. The Preds are deep, with good scoring depth. They won't blow you away with their talent, but they will keep coming at you.
- Traffic. Create chaos around Rinne, who is another big goaltender (6'5")