2011-12 Game 35
Pittsburgh Penguins (19-11-4, 42 points) at Winnipeg Jets (15-13-5, 35 points)
|Yeah, it's from the first Winter Classic, but I thought it was a cool picture.|
It's a chance at redemption for the Pens, who were the first victim for the newly minted Jets this season. They lost 2-1 in Winnipeg back in October.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - A two game winning streak, with the most recent win being an emotional, intense victory over the Blackhawks.
- Jets - Numbers are funny in the NHL. The Jets have lost three of their past five, but two of those losses could easily have been wins. They're also 10-4-2 since November 12th.
- Given the suspension of Engelland, will we see the return of Carl Sneep (or Brian Strait) or is Michalek or Martin ready to go. Boy, I hope it's one of the latter two.
- Can the Pens find a way to get onto their power play? For the month of December, the Jets have only been allowing three chances per game.
- Will the hot goalies carry the Jets? Both Pavelec and Mason have been sensational in December.
- Neutralize the home-ice advantage. The Jets are MUCH better at home (11-5-1). Play a tight road game and keep the crowd out of it.
- Don't give them space. Buff has a great shot, but he isn't that fast - stay up on him. Kane is another one to stick with - he won't hesitate to run over the goalie.
- No drop-off. Tuesday was a big win, but it's time to get right back to it. Don't let the guard down.