2011-12 Game 33
Buffalo Sabres (16-12-3, 35 points) at Pittsburgh Penguins (17-11-4, 38 points)
|Yes, Ryan Miller's wife has her own hockey card. Want to see their wedding registry? It's right here (seriously).|
The Sabres are up and down right now, and the Pens need to get something going. Games against the Sabres are usually entertaining too, with lots of end-to-end action and puck possession.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - Teetering dangerously close to a serious funk with losses in four of the past five games.
- Sabres - Not really having any sustained success, but they're not tanking their season either. The Sabres are 4-5-3 since their high-water mark of 12-7 back on November 18th.
- Can we get a goalie to allow less then three for a game? That would be a nice change.
- Along the same lines, can the PK shut someone out? They've allowed a goal in six straight.
- Can Pascal Dupuis be a positive in the faceoff circle if Staal doesn't play?
- Consistency is important. No mental breakdowns - it seems like every time we see one, it ends up behind Fleury or Johnson these days.
- Get the puck deep. No screwing around near the blue lines - if there isn't an obvious play, keep it going north and live to try another day.
- Focus on the PK - the Sabres just scored three power play goals last night against the Leafs.