So what happened?
This was an excellent home opener that featured some nice work by Marc-Andre Fleury, a shorty and a coming-out party for Joe Vitale. It was a classic trap game (first game back home after a road trip, with a big match-up coming on Thursday), but the Pens took care of business in the home opener.
Dupuis (1), Cooke (3), Park (1), Neal (2)
- Cooke and Neal are both on a tear (I say that somewhat sarcastically - it is only four games).
- Another doughnut hole for the PK.
- Deryk Engelland had what could be his best game as a Penguin. He played nearly 20 minutes and was a +3. Honorary mention goes to Matt Niskanen.
- Another doughnut hole for the PP.
- Letestu and Lovejoy don't seem to have it going right now.
- Nothing, really.
- Out of Lovejoy, Engelland and Niskanen, who did you think would be having the least success right now? I sure wouldn't have picked Lovejoy.
What's their record now?
The Pens are 3-0-1. It's too early to start saying things like "the Pens lead the league in goal scoring", because they've played more games than anyone (though that's just one of the wonderful stats that Root Sports decided to show us after the game).
The Caps come to Consol for a big game on Thursday.