I'd like to say the Pens gave a good effort, but after an early burst when they hit a few posts on the power play, there wasn't much there. They managed just 7 shots in the third period when they really needed to open it up and just go for it.
Didn't you know the game was over when the Pens didn't score on the two man advantage early in the first? They had the table set for them and just couldn't get one behind Lundqvist. They hit three posts (I think). The frustration just built from there.
A few notes:
- Versus sucks. They had no idea what was being reviewed in the first. If I have to hear Beninati say "No worries" one more time, I may scream.
- Speaking of sucking - the power play - 0-forever.
- Fleury wasn't bad. He didn't win the game, but he didn't lose it either.
- The PK was awful again. The Rangers hadn't scored two power play goals in a game for more than a month. I know the first one was a bad luck deflection, but you have to find a way to stop those.
- Tyler Kennedy isn't ready yet, or at least he isn't ready for the top line. Put him back on the third line with Cooke and Staal so he can get his legs under him.
- Sykora, Satan, Fedotenko and Staal COMBINED for one shot on goal.
Next up: A trip back home to play the Thrashers. If they're not going to win, at least have someone plaster Kovalchuk.