Friday, June 22, 2007

Penguins draft Angelo Esposito

The Pens selected Angelo Esposito with the #20 pick in the NHL draft.

Espo was the consensus #1 pick overall prior to his 06-07 season. He had been expected to slide to close to #10. The Pens had him as #6 on their draft board. By all accounts, Angelo is a steal at #20.

He is a center, but he has a reputation for being a little more selfish with the puck. That's probably not a bad thing to mix in with the distributors the Pens have in place.

I'm excited about the pick. I know it's another center, but you can't pass up a guy like Espo when he falls into your lap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe he slipped so far down, but I'm glad he did. I don't think we'll see him in the NHL for another year, but I hope I'm wrong. Good draft overall for the Pens I thought.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it'll be another Jordan Staal-esque scenario where he kinda comes out of nowhere and exceeds all expectations. I don't have my hopes up for that but it appears he'll be yet another great asset for the team.