Monday, April 17, 2006

Busy week

This week has a bunch of things happening...

First off, the final two game of the regular season. These two games will determine if Sidney Crosby can cross 100 points, and if the Pens will be seeded first or second in the draft lottery.

Second, the Gaming Control Board will be in downtown Pittsburgh on Tuesday and Wednesday. There is a big rally being put together by Pittsburgh First on Tuesday. I may try to go down in the afternoon (free parking in Mellon Square after 3:00, I believe).

Third, the determination of the draft order takes place on Thursday. I remember how crappy it was two years ago when Washington moved up to get Ovechkin... but we did wind up with a nice consolation prize in the way of Malkin. Let's hope for the #1 spot so the team has it's pick of who it wants.

On the blog, I'll still be writing after the season is over. There are lots of topics I'd like to cover, including:
  • Arena news (obviously) including the team having the ability to start shopping itself to other cities this summer
  • Draft news
  • Player reviews (I did some of these at mid-season)
  • End of year awards
If there's anything else you'd like to talk about or want me to write about, just put in a comment.

That's all for now. I'm going to try to see some of the game tonight. I'll be watching tomorrow night for sure as Crosby goes for 100.

Let's go Pens!

No comments: