2011-12 Game 51
Pittsburgh Penguins (29-17-4, 62 points) at Toronto Maple Leafs (25-19-6, 56 points)
|With two goals in the previous game, Grabovski is moving dangerously close to "Penguin Killer" territory.|
Another game against one of the top 9 in the East. The Pens will be looking to show that their slow start in the previous game was a fluke. The Leafs will be looking to show that the ending was one.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - Eight wins in a row, but you can't count on the third period comebacks very often at all.
- Leafs - I wouldn't call it a crushing meltdown, but to have a three goal lead in the third and blow it has to be disappointing.
- How will both teams respond to start the game? Will we see a fast start? Will we see an attempt to play physically?
- Will anyone show tired legs? The Leafs had three D at or over 27 minutes. That's a pretty heavy load.
- Can Geno's line shore things up? Despite scoring the tying goal, Malkin's line was a -2. That means they were on the ice for all three even-strength goals against last game.
- Get to the power play. The Pens earned just one power play chance last game. The refs won't hand it to you - you have to keep the legs driving and out work the opponent to get there.
- Be ready early. The Air Canada Centre will be rocking, even more so if the Leafs get a lead.
- Huge in net. The Pens will need a top notch performance from whoever is between the pipes with the way the Leafs can fire the puck.