2011-12 Game 42
Pittsburgh Penguins (21-16-4, 46 points) at Washington Capitals (21-17-2, 44 points)
|Marcus scored twice on Monday against the Kings. He also has a mess of a signature.|
The world is ending and the sky is falling as the Pens have lost five in a row while scoring just six goals. The Caps are always a tough draw for the Pens, so this should be a good game.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - Six goals in five games will earn you five losses more often than not.
- Capitals - They were doing better, but lost two straight in California by the same score - 5-2..
- Where can the Pens find some confidence? The supporting numbers are there, and the zone time is there for stretches - they need the confidence to bury the puck behind the opposition.
- Can the Pens get to the power play? They've earned just three chances combined in their last two games. That speaks to a lack of effort in some ways. See Joe Vitale for a example of how to keep skating.
- Given the game number, I'm guessing we just don't know the question.
- Shut down Ovechkin. The Caps are just 2-12-1 when he is held without a point. Ovie is a -8 on the year as well.
- Keep going. The goals will come if the shot domination continues. The Pens need to think a bit less and fire the puck more. Get it to the net and crash.
- Make it a team effort in the defensive zone. The forwards need to make sure they can get back to help since things have been an adventure recently.