2011-12 Game 40
New Jersey Devils (22-16-2, 46 points) at Pittsburgh Penguins (21-14-4, 46 points)
|AccuScore - what are you drinking, and can we all get some?|
The Pens are having a hard time putting the puck in the net, and the test tonight isn't likely to be any easier on them. Hedberg played last night for the Devils, so it's almost certainly Martin Brodeur in net tonight against the Pens. The Flightless Birds need two points in the worst way right now, especially since they've lost three in a row against division opponents, two on home ice.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - A lack of execution and a few mental breakdowns have led to a three game losing streak.
- Devils - Up and down play, most recently up with a win over Florida last night.
- How badly is Staal hurt? There's no news on his condition as of this moment, and I think that may be more important than the game tonight.
- Can the Pens avoid the mental mistakes and get two points?
- Can Flower rise to the challenge? He'll be facing one of the all-time greats, assuming that Brodeur is in net.
- Get to the power play. That's the best shot to get Neal and Geno on the score sheet.
- Listen to AccuScore. I don't know what Kool-Aid it is drinking, but according to the image at the top of this post, we should all be drinking it.
- Play 60 minutes. That has, by far, been the biggest issue with this team so far this season.