2011-12 Game 34
Chicago Blackhawks (21-8-4, 46 points) at Pittsburgh Penguins (18-11-4, 40 points)
|That's a nice patch. Hossa is still one of the best in the NHL when he can stay healthy.|
This is the first trip to Consol by the Blackhawks. They're also red hot right now, with a 9-1-1 record in their past 11 games and a 5 game winning streak. The Pens are the underdogs, and rightfully so. It will be a big challenge.
What has been happening lately?
- Pens - An offensive explosion against Buffalo may have righted the ship.
- Blackhawks - No one is hotter than the Blackhawks right now. In addition to the streaks mentioned above, they also own an eight game point streak.
- Can the Pens solve Ray Emery? That's right - good old Throat Slash himself is the hot goalie right now for the Hawks. The best chance may be that he may not start - the Hawks have another game on Wednesday night. It doesn't get much easier if he sits - Corey Crawford is solid, if inconsistent.
- Can the Pens slow down the power play for the Hawks? They're 9-28 over their past 9 games.
- Who will return from the Land of the Walking Wounded? I'm hoping we have a chance to see Staal and Michalek.
- Stay out of the box. Before they had seven chances against Calgary, they only had 21 chances over 8 games.
- Set the tone. Get involved physically early on, and get to the front of the net on offense. Scrapping and clawing would be a good way to win this game.
- Load up and match up against the top producers. The Hawks have excellent production out of the top of their lineup in Hossa, Toews, Sharp and Kane.